Today marks the start of the borough’s first Giving Week – a chance to celebrate the local organisations, groups, and individuals who are doing amazing work across the borough, as well as the people who support them.
Run by Barking and Dagenham Giving, the borough’s new platform for giving to the community, this week promises a range of exciting ways for you to get involved, even with the lockdown.
- Follow their updates on social media and use #BDGivingWeek and #StrongerBD to bring attention to what you are doing
- Stories of adaptation and inspiration from across the borough
- Applications open for the £100,000 Rapid Response Fund, which has been developed with the community
- Money raised by the Barking & Dagenham Lottery will be given to local charities
- The launch of the Health Tag Challenge, a collaboration between local sensation Street Tag and BD Giving
Find out more at www.bdgiving.org.uk